i was never into recycling (except pops cans... deposits, duh!). but since i moved in with nick, its been so different. he got me into recycling. now, when im at work, or someone's house, all i see is recyclables. its nuts.
last week i was at my parents, and in the kitchen is a very large garbage can, but i didnt see any garbage in there... just recyclable goods! it tore me up a little inside cause i know i was once like that.
i went grocery shopping today. i used bottle slips and saved just over $6. beforehand, i went through my coupons and put in my paper recycle bin all the expired ones. i then purchased two reusable bags (already owning two) and filled those bad boys up. i used four reusable bags instead of, i dont know, 20 plastic ones!
ive been into yogurt lately and have been rinsing the cups out when done to place in the plastic bin. if i buy clothes, i recycle the price tags. (just to name a couple ways i help out).
today, for earth day, i made my bank statements, college loan statement, and credit card statement, all go paperless! its an addiction!
and although at the daycare there is a dress code, i purchased a green shirt to wear to promote earth day. i am even going to print a photo of the earth and tape it to my belly (and then recycle the picture, of course!).
im not perfect at it. i still throw away things sometimes for the sake of convenience, but i hope that if you dont recycle, reuse, or reduce, you appreciate those who do. we are just trying to make this place a little more livable for the short time we have on it. what a beautiful planet God so graciously made for us.
happy earth day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Earth Day to you, too! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't do as much as I used to, it made us crazy around here, remember?
But I do most things paperless now, as far as bills, etc., so that's a help...and I never miss a can or bottle, lol.
We all do our part, don't we? xo
Teach me how to be earth day great! I realized the other day that every Christian should be a tree hugger because they are the ones who should understand the beauty and creativity God used to create this amazing earth all for his glory. But I am bad at hugging trees. I must learn and put into action. Your post has inspired me.
ReplyDeleteI find it addicting in that I like to see how full I can get the recycling bin.
ReplyDeleteDarin.