Saturday, January 3, 2009

upnorth/newyears.


i went upnorth for a few days with people whom i looove. it has become our new years tradition. i love our friendship. we are all so different, but the same. i love that we can see past them and still get along as if there were no differences at all. i couldnt picture new years without them. keely and patrick are amazing people, i love who they are individually and who they are when together.

upnorth is a wonderful place. a house on a lake in the middle of nowhere. i didnt grow up with it, but it feels as if i have. i couldnt imagine my life without it. it feels like home. i forget about "home" when im there... even for a day. its so quiet. you can do nothing and not feel guilty for it. winter or summer, theres always something to do. and the best part is when you go, you only see people you want to see. you wouldnt invite just anyone up there... only people you can stand to be around.

i love knowing that my future children will have this wonderful place. its a vacation evertime you go! whether for a week or just a weekend.

the first night there we saw ten deer hanging out in the backyard... TEN DEER!!! thats insane. it was beautiful.

we discussed new years resolutions... i always have a list, but only a couple i follow through with. the biggest one i want to accomplish this year is getting a "real" job. the next one, getting my art studio in order and actually creating art for fun. and lastly, exercise. i dont want to be a statistic of when you get married you let yourself go... yuckie. lets tone people!! but i think i should look into eating better first? i have no clue what im doing.

so looking back, 2008 was an excellent year for me. graduated. got married. bought a house. i probably will never top last year, but i can certainly try.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that your new years resolutions turn out better than last years! I remember when we were hanging out and you found them in your purse or something. Wonderful :)
    I say we exercise together. And by exercise I mean we meet at a park and walk around forever and talk and catch up.
    I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do whatever you set your mind to do...you have an amazing ability to do that! :)
    I'm glad you all had a good time up north; I remember G'pa&G'ma @ their cottage in Canada ~ I used to love it there, too.
    As for New Year's resolutions...yours sounds alot like mine, lol ~ I intend to lose a pound a week for the next year; let's see how I do, eh? xo If I had your figure I would have no worries...but God didn't see it that way! (It must be heaven to not need to lose weight.)
    I love you, babe ~ Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. emily - i am happy to hear from you! if it wasnt for your blog, i wouldve thought you fell off the face of the earth! i would like an exercise partner. i was thinking of renting aerobic videos... living room style. lets make a schedule! love you!

    mother - i love you. you can join in on the exercise fun if youd like!!
    it mustve been nice having memories as a kid at your cottage. i always ask nick for his upnorth memories as a kid :-)

    ReplyDelete